Like many, I’ve spent much of my time on this beautiful planet contemplating who am I? and what on earth am I doing with my life? I’ve had ideas for these complex yet important life questions but struggled to describe them in a way that was insightful and actionable. Honestly, my plans were often times very ambitious and quickly met with difficulties. Lofty goals, fear of the unknown, indecisiveness, and imposter syndrome, all have had a way of neutralizing me in my efforts.
Over the past several years I’ve been on a journey to improve how to be more intentional about life + work (where they're separate and where they collide) and focus on the people and paths I truly value. With a Faith to uphold, a wife and four children to love and nourish, friendships to nurture, and colleagues who share like passions, I’ve realized that time is of the essence and living with intent is of the utmost importance.
Principles to live by
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I view guiding principles as an actionable agreement with myself based on values I care deeply about. I might not exemplify all of these as frequently as I'd like, but they act as a compass or North Star to continually point me to who I aspire to be.
- I will nurture my closest relationships everyday (faith, family, and friends).
- I will live this one life with intentionality by investing my time and energy into what truly matters to me.
- I will devote myself to living a holistically healthy life. Spirit, Soul, and Body.
- I will find joy in the journey and be content and hopeful in whatever situation I find myself in.
- I will take pleasure in my work as an artisan does their craft.
- I will show kindness to others, lend a listening ear and do my best to be supportive.
- I will be satisfied with my accomplishments by celebrating the small wins along with the big wins.
- I will prove myself as one trustworthy of responsibility and autonomy.
- I will live life full of curiosity, inquisitiveness, and the active pursuit of How? and Why? concerning myself and the world around me.
- I will seek feedback from those closest to me for assurance as well as helpful alignment.